We're looking for a new Director of Operations.
Groove is growing—the venture group is launching its second Fund and the angel group has quickly become the most active angel network with a booming community of passionate, local investors. To better support our key constituents—entrepreneurs, investors, and corporate partners—Groove’s leadership has recognized the need for a new role, Director of Operations. This person will serve as the backbone for all operations and administrative functions for both the venture fund and the Groove Investment Group (GIG). We’re excited to welcome someone who is internally focused, highly organized, and achievement-oriented who will create an environment that encourages results and accountability.
Immediate start. Looking for a 3-month trial phase, with options to extend/expand the position.
Monthly retainer, independent contractor. We'll work together to solidify rate and monthly time commitment.
- Client support including coordinating and assisting Limited Partners (LP), GIG angels, and sponsors with onboarding/offboarding, ensuring all necessary paperwork is completed, properly stored, contact information is updated, and platform access is adjusted accordingly.
- Plan and execute Groove events, including logistics, vendor negotiations, onsite support, and strong communication with respective parties to drive event success.
- Refine Groove’s technology infrastructure (Asana, Slack, Hubspot, Carta, Google, etc.), train new team/interns, and enforce appropriate standards for use of these tools.
- Internal team support including onboard new team members/interns, processing team time reports, and coordinating meetings and agendas.
- Manage invoicing, billing, and bookkeeping using multiple platforms to initiate and collect LP capital calls, GIG membership payments, and process co-investments.
- Monitor and engage on Groove’s social media platforms and maintain website updates.
Sound like the job for you? Send a resume and cover letter to Mickayla Rosard (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Reed Robinson (email@example.com)